Butter Chicken Masala is one of the famous dishes in India. It is tasty, spicy and healthy all at the same time. Yet some people and other nationalities find it not so tasty and aromatic. But for me, I enjoy this kind of dishes even though my tolerance in spicy food is really low.
I am really craving for Indian food since last week, therefore I decided to recreate this dish. Just a disclaimer, I am not a “pro” when it comes to cooking, so please bear with me in this. Let us now begin, get your pens and take down some notes for this Butter Chicken Masala.
INGREDIENTS in Butter Chicken Masa
* For the CHICKEN *
– 300 grams Boneless Chicken Breast
(since we are now in the ECQ period, I used different parts of chicken such as thigh and legs)
– 1 tbsp of crushed Ginger and Garlic
– 1 tbsp of Red Chili Powder
– Salt to taste
– Oil to pan pry
* For the GRAVY *
– 500 grams slit ripe tomatoes
– 100 grams roughly cut Onions
– 1 tbsp of crushed Garlic
– 50 grams of Cashew Nuts
– 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala Powder
– 4 tbsp of Sugar
– 2 tbsp of Chili Powder
– 5 tbsp of Butter
– 3 tbsp of All Purpose Cream
– 1.5 tbsp of White Vinegar
– Salt to taste
– Basil Leaves
It is quite hard to find Indian spices here in the Philippines. One of the best stores that offers affordable spices is Hummus Elijah. You can find them on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM. Just message them to order. Their Masala powder at 100 grams costs PHP 100.00 only.
STEPS TO FOLLOW
– Marinate the Chicken with Ginger, Garlic, Red Chili Powder and Salt. Keep it aside for 15 to 20 minutes.
– In a pan, heat some oil then fry the marinated Chicken pieces, once done place it in a bowl.
– In the same pan add Onion, Oil and a spoonful of Butter. Once the Onion is cooked add the Tomatoes and Cashew Nuts.
– Add some Water and Garlic Paste, Salt, White Vinegar, Sugar, Garam Masala and Chili Powder.
– Evenly mix it and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
– After simmer, put the mixture in a blender and blend it properly.
– After crushing it using the blender, transfer it back to the pan again.
– Add the remaining Butter, about 2 Tbsp of Cream and Chicken. Let it simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
– Garnish it with Cream and Basil Leaves.
– Butter Chicken is now ready to serve!
I hope this is a helpful blog for those people who really want to make this dish. Have fun and enjoy! In line with this, you can also comment down below your experience in cooking this and your finished product. You may also share it so that your friends will also know the process.