Follow this 2 days itinerary, to make it easy for you to plan a short yet a fun trip in Hong Kong.
I’ve included important things to prepare and detailed step-by-step tips.
Hong Kong are among the best places to visit for travelers who plan to go on their first trip abroad because its near to the Philippines and airfare are quite cheaper compared to others.
Not only are there a lot of exciting things to see and do, getting around is very easy even for newbie travelers.
This budget trip will take you to the best 2Days trip in Hongkong.
Before we go on with the actual itinerary, here is a list of things that you might need to prepare and bring for a hassle-free trip.
- Passport — Must not expire within the next 6 months on arrival in Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Visa (if applicable) — This is very important to think about when planning any trip abroad. Luckily, tourists from over 160 countries (including the Philippines) do not need a visa to enter Hong Kong.
Book your room as soon as you know you are going because prices rarely go down the closer you are to your trip. Take advantage of options that offer instant confirmation and free cancellation if you are not yet sure with your travel plans right now.
A suggestion I can offer is LONDON GUEST HOUSE at MIRADOR MANSION along Tsim Sha Tsui Hongkong.
The place is very affordable and near to shopping areas and malls. It may be small but it is clean and people are very accommodating.
Click link to view London Guest House at Booking.com
Attractions & Tours
There are so many theme park admissions, attraction tickets & tours that you can book online. Make sure to check all the discounts posted on this page. Pre-booking will save you money, avoid long queues at ticket counters & hassles of exchanging money. You may also show your tickets as proof that you are traveling as a tourist.
Some examples of places to visit in Hong kong are below, you can also book it in advance through KLOOK.
Ngong Ping 360
Disneyland Hong Kong
Oceanpark Hong Kong
Peak Tram + Sky Terrace
Travel Apps & Internet
Google Maps — This travel app will make it a lot easier to navigate around Hong Kong & Macau on your own. The directions feature only works online.
Hong Kong & Macau sim card / pocket WiFi — Stay connected during your entire trip.
5:40AM — Manila International Airport
- Arrival at Manila-Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminal 3 (T3) for Cebu Pacific Always make sure that you have your passport with you and to check your flight itinerary to confirm your departure terminal.
- Pay Philippine Travel Tax (for outbound Philippine residents only). P1,620 per person on economy class ticket.
- Check-in / bag drop at departure hall.
- Clear Philippine Imigrations checkpoint.
- Wait for boarding call at pre-departure area.
8:40PM — Arrival in Hong Kong
- Arrive at Hong KongInternational Airport.
- Clear Hong Kong Imigrations checkpoint.
- Claim luggage (if any) and clear customs checkpoint.
- Get a free Hong Kong Walk to Hong Kong Tourism Board Visitor Information Services (Buffer Halls A and B, Arrivals Level, Terminal 1).
9AM – Transport to Disneyland Hongkong
Click link for more details about Disneyland
9AM – Transport to Ngong Ping and Lantau Island
Click link for more details about 360 Cable Car
1PM – Transport back to City Gate Shopping Mall where you can see a lot of outlet for shopping.
6PM – Transport back to the city of Hong Kong
Hong Kong at Night & Shopping
- Hong KongNight Markets & Outlet Shopping — You may want to visit malls nearby while waiting for the Symphony of Lights show. Here’s a list of places to shop nearby that is within walking distance or an MTR ride away:
- ChinaHong Kong City In-Town Outlets (Greenland Corner, 5 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui)
- Esprit Factory Outlet Tsim Sha Tsui (Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui)
- T. Factory Outlet Tsim Sha Tsui (3rd floor, Silvercord Shopping Center, 30 Canton Road, Tsim Sha Tsui)
- Temple Street Men’s Market (Near Jordan & Yau Ma Tei MTR stations)
- Sneaker Street Market (Fa Yuen Street near Mong Kok MTR station)
- Ladies Market (Tung Choi Street near Yau Ma Tei and Mong Kok MTR stations)
7AM — Transport to Hong Kong International Airport
– Ride a bus going to Hong Kong International Airport.
8AM — Arrive at Hong Kong International Airport
- Check-in for Hong Kong to Manila flight on Cebu Pacific
- No additional airport/departure taxes or terminal fees for outbound flights from Hong Kong International Airport. All fees should be included in the flight ticket price.
- Clear Hong Kong immigrations checkpoint
- Wait for boarding call at pre-departure area
10:A5PM — Hong Kong to Manila Flight
Budget & Expenses
To help you set a budget plan, here’s a list of expenses to expect if you follow this 2D/3N Hong Kong itinerary. Keep in mind that these are estimates. As you know, actual budgets/expenses may be different depending on a person’s traveling style & time of visit.
Solo Backpacker Budget
Attractions and Tours (Hong Kong Disneyland and Ngong Ping Cable Car)
- 5,000PHP / 761.28HKD
- 2,000PHP / 304.51HKD
- 2000PHP / 304.51 HKD
- 1000PHP / 152.26 HKD
- 1000PHP / 152.62HKD